Current fields of research
- Logitudinal analysis of Income, Employment and Housing based on Markov processes and Cohort analysis
- The Economics of Social housing, econometric analysis of housing choice
- Econometric analysis of future rents in residential and commercial estates, and its link to credit scoring: Austria and various CEE countries
The Housing Topos (Der Wohntopos), sponsored by the regional government of Lower Austria. A Longitudinal analysis of the spatial distribution of commercial activities and residential locations
Project centers on the "Production of Space", discussed from Austrian evidence. Main theses:
- The greater the local variety of economic activities, the stronger local growth.
- Job opportunites opened by greater variety explain current residential trend into urban areas: families and women in particular like to work in the vicinity of their homes.
- Challenge for regional politics: Support for sustainable local social coherence by condensing new settlements and improving infrastructures.